Thursday 23 June 2011

Night Sky Themed Nails

Remember when I said in the last post that I'll be doing nail art that's not featuring the night sky using star shaped rhinestones? Well I failed. So here it is, night sky themed nail art.

A couple of people have asked for nail tutorials but since I'm not great at taking videos, here's a picture tutorial.

Here are the products I used:
Base and Top Coat
BK nail polish in colour 15 (matte black)
Rainbow nail polish in colour 55 (random glitter polish)
Two-way Nail Brush & Pen in yellow, black, white and red
Star shaped rhinestones

I got the matte black nail polish and star shaped rhinestones from online.

Before I start, let me just say that I'm not great at applying nail polish on my nails. I always get it on my cuticles and I usually just peel off the polish the next day after my shower. Now that we've got that out of the way, let's start!


First we apply matte black polish (or regular polish) to all of your nails. This black was a wonderful velvety pure black and it's opaque in just one coat *thumbs up* (I have no idea what was up with the wrinkle. Must have bumped it while taking the picture)


After that, go over your nails just once with the random glitter polish. This is just to make your nail art more interesting. I wanted to have a really over the top nail art this time. As you can see the matte effect doesn't last when something else is on it so it would be better to just use a regular polish. I do not have any other black polishes, so I had to use this one.


Once you're done with the glitter, you apply the star-shaped rhinestones like so, and draw a crescent moon on your thumb and a star shape on your ring finger using the nail art brush or a tooth pick. I placed the orange star in the middle just to jazz it up a little. Also, I didn't want to use up all my white stars. (Star-shaped rhinestones review below)


Wait a little while for the yellow to dry, then add in the details for your moon and star. I drew faces on the both of them and gave the moon a large red nose. Don't forget to add the white spark in their eyes so they look more alive.

Finally! To pull the whole look together, I put an orange star on my thumb and ring finger too. Scroll to the top of the post to get the final look.

I love it. It's so adorable! One thing I would say about the star shaped rhinestones, is that their 'yellow' stars aren't yellow enough. There's orange, and there's a lighter orange. I do love the black stars though. It's so cool. Stars are my favourite shape so I'll probably use it instead of regular rhinestones when I want to spice up a nail art.

I've thought of a new and improved strawberry nail art! Might do it soon so keep an eye on this page. Till next time, Byeee~~

1 comment: