Tuesday 17 May 2011

Blue Sparkly Gradient!


So remember that haul from lets-nail-it? Well I helped my cousin buy some too and I just couldn't resist trying out her Color Club sparkly nail polish. Look at it in all it's sparkly goodness!
OK so I did a really dark blue base from Faceshop. That polish was one of the first nail polishes I got. It was probably nearly a year old. And fit for the bin. It was gloopy and dry and everything a good nail polish shouldn't be. So yes. I did love that shade so it was a sad moment.

So, I used Color Club's Sexy Siren as the glitter and to do the gradient glitter you dab from the tip towards the nail bed. That glitter is very pigmented and fine. Which is great if you want to get glitter everywhere like it's a regular polish, but bad if you want a gradient. It didn't fade into the dark blue as gradually as I would have liked.

I disliked it so much I nearly removed it after three days and I would not stop picking at it. But because I put on two layers of top coat to smoothen out the glitter, pretty much nothing happened.

It did grow on me though, in dark places it looked especially magical, when random flashes of light hit my nails it would flash teal, green, blue. So gorgeous.

Now it's back to more adventurous Konading! *cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment