Thursday 9 August 2012

Yellowy Sunshine Goodness!


Hi all! This nail art occurred purely by accident but I must admit I do like it. Pluses of having long nails is that you can get to do french tips without must difficulty (ie the polish won't get onto your cuticles heh).

So this started off innocently enough with OPI's Fiercely Fiona as base and China Glaze's Sunshine as a slight glitter gradient tip. You can click here for a swatch on Fiercely Fiona. You can also click here to see how I used Fiercely Fiona with other colors to create an Easter themed nail art.

I have never used Sunshine from China Glaze as a swatch before. At least, I've never had it on long enough to take pictures with. Truth is, it was just too sheer to be used on it's own. So I'm only going to use it for layering. You can click here to see a swatch I did with a wonderful glittery orange that I bought together with Sunshine though :) It's awesome because it's got tiger stripes in it.

 I love the Sunshine glitter on this one because they have a slight holo effect which is really subtle. You can see the flash of pink on my index finger above.

 And here you can see more glitter it really depends on how you see it.

 Can you see the green flashes on my middle finger? It does have more effect in real life. Trying to catch these elusive glitters is an exhausting job.

 Eventually though I gave up on being subtle and covered the whole nail with Sunshine. Hurray for glitter!
This is what it looks like while layered over Fiercely Fiona. 

I loved it so much that after a few days I decided to french tip it when the tips wore off. I chose a not-so-loud dusky gold. I forgot which brand...I think it was BK but I have yet to do a swatch on it.

So that's all for today! As usual, if you haven't already do like my facebook page/shop here. Feel free to buy anything from me :P Till next time, Byee~

No comments:

Post a Comment