Wednesday 15 February 2012

More Fimo and Acrylic Fun!

Hi all! Here I am, once again, to update you on everything I did with my nails so far! Anyways, I experimented it with gel nails. This was done professionally in a salon, I had a Groupon for it so why not eh? I loved it! It was super shiny, it didn't chip no matter how roughly I treated it. I swear. I was cutting fruit one day and I accidentally scratched the nail, when I looked at it a few hours later it was gone! O.o
 This was a deep navy blue with awesome blue and purply-pink flakies. I love it so much!
 You can see a little bit of blue here...
The only drawback was that it was really hard to remove. Technically I should have gone to a salon to do it but being a student and all, I'm constantly broke (and shopping). So I DIY-ed it. It took me nearly two hours!

Next up! I went on a little spree, and I came back with 100 fimo pieces, three acrylic molds, 20 sets of nail stickers, and those little metal ball things. I think I paid not more than $40. What a steal! :D

Now I immediately got set to cutting up my fimo pieces. A few of them were like this, a little chipped at the sides, but really it doesn't make a difference once you slice it up. 
Little chickies all cut up!
Just to let you guys know, with the 100 piece fimo set, the store also provided me with two plastic decks (like the one seen above), super glue, and a pack of razors to cut the fimo sticks with. No lie, those razors are so awesome for cutting the sticks. Much easier than using a pen knife.The glue just looked like regular super glue, so I didn't use it. I usually just stick the fimo onto my wet polish anyway and it seems to work well enough.

Closer to Chinese New Year, there was this store Smoochiezz having a road show, and I simply could not resist getting this China Glaze golden shimmer top coat and red-silver glitter. Awesome!

 Here are my Chinese New Year nails! I was really short of time, so I used my trusty Faceshop red nail polish and just layered it with the China Glaze gold glitter coat (Enchanted). Here is a blurred picture to show you the holographic goodness! I love it soo much!
 Here's a clearer picture to show you the stickers that I bought. They sell their nail stickers in packs of 10 I tell ya. So now I have like 20 sets of nail stickers hehehe...

This was done pretty recently, I cut my nails short because removing the gel nails really damaged my real nails. And I really wanted to use this cupcake pattern that I got with the 100 piece fimo set (I really do love a good bargain). So cute! The pink is from Rainbow, I think it's those that you can get for a few dollars, my cousin gave it to me so I'm not sure. It's not bad though, the pink is really pretty and doesn't make my skin look washed out.

Now on to some acrylic fun! I used the acrylic mold cos the seashell pattern was really adorable and I couldn't wait to try it! Plus, I had a color from BK Nail Polish on. And again, I did another sea-themed nail art back then. I'm so dull creative!
 
Here is my right hand! I know the purple is too dark. Problem is, I actually did choose the lightest purple I had, but the moment it touched the monomer, it became this. So...my sister and friend actually mistook it for poo. To them I had poo as nail art.
The left hand! As a side note, monomer (ie acrylic liquid) is one of the most pungent and awful smells ever. While clearing up I accidentally spilled some on my shorts and in the mad dash to the bathroom I accidentally breathed in a lot of it. Had a headache for the rest of the day.
Maybe I should buy a gas mask so that I can use my acrylics without having to breath the monomer smell in.

That's all for now! I actually did a really garish cute nail art design using my fimo sticks for Valentine's day. If all goes well, I should be posting about them soon! Having fun online shopping, and till next time, Byeee~

No comments:

Post a Comment