Sunday 18 March 2012

Layering with I Lily Love You OPI

Hi everyone! Today I have some layering goodness for you :) I started hiphop class on Tuesday, so I decided I wanted something edgy yet girly. So to do that, I cracked out the darkest purple I could find, and layered it with OPI's I Lily Love You from their Nice Stems collection. 

Now I have used I Lily Love You before here, but I was not overly impressed with it and could not understand why it's creating such ripples in the blogosphere among nail buffs everywhere. After today though, I finally understand why.The glitter was really flat and it comes in a multitude of shapes and sizes, also they are wonderfully holographic with flashes with pink, orange, yellow, blue and green. This, folks, is truly a gem.

 Here is a picture to show you what I'm talking about. The purple is the really cheap $1 ones I got from a pasar malam store. It's deep deep  purple, nearly black and has a subtle red shimmer which you can't see here. For a $1 polish it's not bad, I achieved opacity in 3 coats but the fumes are terrible. If you look carefully, you can see the orange and turquoise flashes :D
You can see some more shimmer here in the following pictures, flashing yellow.
 And the picture to end all pictures, beautiful glitter in all it's glittery glory. Took this in the sun while walking to the bus stop. People must think I'm crazy ha. Glitters change color when you change the angle, so it makes phototaking a tad tricky. It is much nicer in real life. Trust me.
If there's anything bad to say about this, it's that some of the bigger glitters like the super giant ones, tend to stick up beyond the top coat. Also it really doesn't dry shiny so you will need a top coat for that. Other than that though, I will definitely be exploring more with what I could layer this with. Hehe!

As usual, if you haven't given my shop love yet you can go do it by clicking on the link, I have new stocks coming in, that includes water decals and konad sets whee! Till next time, byee~

No comments:

Post a Comment