Thursday 7 April 2011

OPI Nail Polish! (And new matte nail polish)

A few days ago I decided to to a zebra print konad print with white and black. As you can see, I failed terribly. Might buy the actual Konad top coat soon. For some reason, large prints smudge alot easier.

Anyways, my school constantly has bazaars around the canteens, the foyers, any public area. And just so happens I found this stall selling O.P.I. nail polish at only $14 each! It's $39 for 3 bottles. I bought Fiercely Fiona (yellow), Gargantuan Green Grape (green), and Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (dark silver). I also got this matte polish from a random brand. They had the colour palette there with awesome matt shimmery pastel colours and I fell in love with this one.

Things I used for this manicure are:
Asianail 043
The Face Shop Nail Nutrition Coat
The Face Shop Nail Base Coat

The end result. There was no top coat cos I wanted to leave it matte. It feels so nice to the touch! Also, this is the result of two coats and for some reason it goes on really smoothly. This is one of the easier nail polishes to apply.

The downside? Maybe it's because I use my hands alot, or because I scratch my head or type alot, but the tips of the nails are starting to wear off already. It's also pretty expensive. It was $12 per bottle. But the colours are a definitely win. I have been looking for some lime green colour for ages. It's surprisingly hard to find a clean green for nail polish.

I can't wait to try out the O.P.I. nail polish! I especially can't wait to try out the yellow with black stripes across to make it look like a bumble bee (buzzzz buzzz). After hearing such good things about O.P.I., I will have high hopes for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment