Saturday 16 April 2011

OPI Review: Gargantuan Green Grape


I loved the colour when I first saw it but when I put the first coat I was honestly shocked. It was so streaky! And I had such high hopes for OPI too after hearing rave reviews about it and how it was 'the high end product for nail polish'. But, I realised that if you don't press the brush down too hard (which I do alot), you'll get a thicker and smoother coat. After two - three coats (three for me) it'll be fine.

Nowadays I apply the Faceshop nutrition coat under my base coat, but if I just apply base coat with the green on top somehow the colour goes on alot easier.

All in all, I think maybe I just have to get used to the nail polish, and wait a little longer for it to dry. I can tell that it definitely doesn't wear down as quickly as other nail polish. But for the streaky first coat, I think it's not really my favourite nail polish. Gorgeous colour though.

P.S.: I have already sent in the orders for the spree, but if you still have any last minute orders
for the next few days, I'll see what I can do :)

1 comment:

  1. hi Amber ! i jus linked you up in my blog(: i have this opi green grape polish too and i agree its really streaky. same goes with OPI get in lime and CG refresh mint guess all mint green polishes are like this !

    ReplyDelete